Friday, April 9, 2010

Let the traveling begin


Everything fit! To make the weight limit I did have to put all of my books in my carry-on. I think there are 8 in there; I just couldn't decide which ones to take, so I'm taking all of them.

In a few hours I'll leave on my 9:31am flight from Providence to Philadelphia. There, I'll meet my fellow Botswana volunteers and have a few brief orientation sessions. Then, the excitement starts:

2am check-out from the hotel
2:30am bus departs for JFK
11:15am flight from JFK to Johannesburg - 15 hour flight
8 hour layover
45 minute flight to Gaborone, Botswana

I will let you know that I've made it as soon as I can!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear all about the travels & excitement of finally being there! We are so proud of you! Love Caleigh & Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, meeting all your fellow travelers...hope you made some great connections right away!

    ReplyDelete