Wednesday, September 8, 2010

No more hot showers

More game playing. This was during the vacation before school started again. I borrowed monopoly from our school library- where it was still wrapped in plastic and didn't look like anyone was ever going to play it. The fact that all the cards were written in Afrikaans and English made playing extra interesting- plus the monopoly money was in Rands.
My massive clothes washing operation. This was the second attempt- first time was thwarted when the water went out and I couldn't rinse my clothes.


I haven't taken a real bath in here yet. I don't have hot water so I'd have to use my electric kettle or boil water on the stove and it would take so much water. So, I'm still bucket bathing- but just doing it in the tub.

My lovely 'cleaning my backyard clothes'.




Clearing a yard with only a shovel = lots of sweating.



1 comment:

  1. Oh man...that picture reminds me of how crazy it is that you're over there. You still remind me of 10-year-old Nicole. Take me on one of your adventures!

    Oh, and I recommend just using a washer/dryer to clean your clothes. Way easier and less gross than what you seem to be doing now.

    ReplyDelete