Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Botswana wedding

Bride and Groom- wearing western style outfits. Can't remember which one I'm "related" to..
Older woman parading the wedding gifts on their heads. A tradition I'd like to start stateside.

The same older women sleeping outside while the endless flow of speakers continues. I can imagine they, like me, are just counting down the minutes until we eat.


Being cheered on by an older relative. I'm attempting to help pound beef and goat meat into what we call Seswaa. It's like pulled pork (except it is not pork...and there are little chunks of bones). I need to start carrying around a bottle of bbq sauce.



A steaming cauldron of seswaa




1 comment:

  1. Wedding Gifts funny Wedding Cake Toppers Bride PINCH Groom BUTT Sexy Frugality runs in my family.I had a request for a card for a wedding this week .I remembered the wedding colors included burgundy.
    wedding gifts

    ReplyDelete