Saturday, March 26, 2011

Summer 2011 (otherwise known and January and February)

My favourite little friend Bernadette playing with playdoh. In Setswana, you pronounce everything in a word, so her name is said "Ber-na-de-teh". So I'm sure when I say her name the way we say it in America, she thinks I don't know her name at all.



My friend Thabo playing with my homemade playdoh. I can't believe how easy it is to make, and how much money we waste buying it for American kids!






The four student teachers at my school. I promised them an 'American' lunch before they finished their assignment. I served egg salad sandwiches, cheetos (Botswana cheetos, of course) and carrot sticks. They ate everything, so either they liked the food or they were just really hungry.








Some students showing off their letter from my cousin Jenn's class in America. Some of the kids are trying to look super cool and pose like models, others can't help but smile. They were so happy to get the letters!!





A class showing off their American pen pal letters







No comments:

Post a Comment