Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Toyota Desert Race

The Toyota Desert Race took place for two days in September. Apparently it's been happening for a few years and is very popular among locals and visitors/racers from South Africa (and further- we met an Icelandic team!). This is a picture of a truck during it's refueling break.
Check out all the gasoline! They used two of these things. Seems like a crazy sport to me.

You can sort of see a truck coming barreling down the dirt road from the bush, kicking up lots of dust.

A primary school boy who was showing me how to hitch (and helping me hitch a ride) while I was on my way to visit a friend. He and his friends told me to sit down and they would find a car for me. They wouldn't let me get on the bus that went by because there were no seats and they didn't want me to ride in a truck- they were determined to find me a nice car to sit in. Thanks boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment